Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Beauty: BareMinerals


By Jennifer Ennis

I cannot say enough good things about this brand! I discovered BareMinerals last summer after realising the amount of rubbish that was in a lot of my top end foundations. After extensive online research, I became obsessed (and still am) with cosmetic/skincare ingredients! I cannot buy any item now without checking the ingredients first! Anyway, BareMinerals SPF Foundation has won a host of Beauty Awards from Sephora, Glamour, Cosmopolitan etc for Best Foundation. It has a grand total of 4/5 ingredients and no talc, parabans, synthetic dyes, alcohol etc so with that in mind and the fact it is supposed to give great coverage, I invested in the 'Get Started Kit' in Medium.

The Kit comes with two different foundation shades (one warm one cool), a bronzer, a finishing powder called Mineral Veil, a cream to prep your skin, three different brushes and a DVD explaining how to apply. Once I got the nack of applying it (in short - its messy), it has become my favourite foundation. It gives a gorgeous, natural, flawless look without feeling heavy or caked. The brushes are great but for me Sephora's Professional foundation brush works better. The foundation is very light and you only need a small amount for each application. The key is to swirl a little bit on the brush, tap on the side of the lid and then blend evenly on the skin in small circular movements. The colour (I wear Medium Beige) is perfect for my skin tone. The amazing thing about this foundation for me is the coverage it gives. Considering you only need a tiny amount, it covers any imperfections a million times better than a lot of other brands. My skin loves it as it can breathe and since using, I have had hardly any spots. It is a bit messy for transportation but they have brought in the BareMinerals Refillable Brush which is a total godsent!

I am also a huge fan of the BareMinerals Flawless Definition Mascara, Prime Time Foundation and Eyelid Primers and BareMinerals Lip Glosses. They are department store prices but with no cheap perservatives you are definately getting value for money. A lot of websites like feelunique.com (which ship for free) are cheaper than buying in store anyway.

As a make up lover, I have experimented with many foundations since but I always find myself coming back to BareMinerals. I have even wiped off other foundations before going out only to apply BareMinerals instead as I much prefer the colour and finish. Less is more when it comes to my make up look and this foundation makes great looking skin so effortless. As the tagline says 'Make up so pure you can sleep in it'! That sounds way more appealing to me than some of the chemical-laden smells from other top brands!

Image from bareescentuals.com

No comments:

Post a Comment