Saturday, March 6, 2010

Beauty: Chanel's Rouge Coco


By Jennifer Ennis

I am a gloss girl at heart but lately I have been venturing to the lipstick side (with the help of Chanel's Rouge Allure - a lipstick in gloss form) so when Chanel's latest Rouge Coco hit the counters I decided to bite the bullet and buy my first lipstick at the grand 'ol age of 22! After much contemplation I chose shade number 8, La Pausa - a nice coral-like shade suitable for my skin colouring.

Chanel are marketing this as a 'modern interpretation' of the classic worn by Ms Coco Chanel herself and suitable for people who like moi, are a bit wary to part with their gloss. First up, the texture is definately a lot more creamy than I expected which I love and it gives a perfect matt finish. The packaging is standard pretty Chanel - black, gold, interlocking Cs and 'CHANEL' inscribed on the stick itself. It is definately very attractive in your handbag.

The colour is perfect for me and it is seems quite long-lasting. I think I may still prefer my beloved Rouge Allure but my Rouge Coco shade with a touch of clear gloss gives me the perfect party pout!

Image from Chanel.com

No comments:

Post a Comment