Friday, September 2, 2011

Beauty Holy Grails

I love to experiment with make-up and am addicted to trying new products. But there are some items I will happily buy again and again. They have become my Holy Grails, my Must-Haves, and I wear them every day...


1. Chanel Soleil de Chanel Universal Bronzing Cream

This is definitely one of my best investment-buys. I spent €39 on this last year and it is still going strong. This is a cream bronzer with a gorgeous silky texture, it is so easy to blend and the pigment gives a lovely sunkissed look that adapts to everyone's individual skin tone. Very good value considering the size of the tub, and how much I use it. You only need a little bit so this is guaranteed to last quite a while. Plus it's Chanel, the packaging is oh so charming and classic!

2. MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Medium

I bring this absolutely everywhere with me! Some people wear this alone as foundation but I prefer to use it as a setting powder when I am finished applying my make-up. I dust a little bit on my forehead, nose and cheeks and it gives a flawless, shine-free look. Is great for touch-ups throughout the day or if you need an extra bit of colour to take you from office to bar. A handbag essential in my opinion.

3. Benefit's 'Big Beautiful Eyes' Kit

This is my daytime look and does exactly what it suggests - gives you eyes that pop! It comes with three eyeshadows, undereye concealer, and a selection of brushes. I apply a little bit of pink and light brown with a small dusting of the darker shade at the edges. It lasts all day and when blended, is a stunning colour. My only complaint is at the end of the day, you may have a little shimmer on the tops of your cheeks - but it is not enough to stop me using it. For night time, I love the 'Smokin' Eyes' kit. Where would we be without Benefit?

4. Benefit 'Coralista' Blush Powder

I am a huge fan of Benefit's boxes of powder having purchased both 'Dallas' and 'Hoola' in my time. However, it's Coralista that is my must-have. This stunning warm coral colour gives me cheekbones (that don't usually exist) and a healthy flush that lasts all day long. I have no desire to try any other blush for now (as a beauty-holic, that is strange) as I have found everything I will ever need in 'Coralista'.



5. CoverGirl Lash Blast Mascara

It is no secret that I am a self-confessed mascara junkie. It is my go-to beauty product and there are very little on the market that I haven't tried. No exaggeration. As the owner of naturally subtle lashes, it is my BFF. I have tried them all from Dior and Giorgio Armani to Maybelline and Rimmel. My favourite of all-time and the only one to give me all my mascara needs is the US of A's CoverGirl Lash Blast. I am lucky that I have never ran out thanks to eBay. This mascara is a lifesaver. It holds my curl all day long as if just applied, and gives me amazing volume, definition and body. 



6. Creme de La Mer 'The Lip Balm'

Admittedly this is a little pricey (when a tub of Vaseline is less than £2) but I must admit my fave lip balm is Creme de La Mer's. Ever since I treated myself in Selfridges last year in a bid to own something from my yearned-for/wishlist skincare line, I have been addicted. It is super minty to give the most refreshing feeling and has just the right amount of moisture to not leave your lips too reliant on it. Plus it lasts forever! Definitely worth the hype.


Other products I love are Clarins's 'Beauty Flash Balm', Laura Mercier's 'Secret Camouflage', Lancome's eyeliners and NARS lipglosses.

No comments:

Post a Comment