Monday, September 12, 2011

This Week's Playlist...





Ed Sheeran - You Need Me, I Don't Need You
The more I hear of this young lad, the more I like! This latest single could not be any more different to the last beautiful slice of folk pop. This track has a hip hop feel and Ed is proving himself to have quite a way with words. Example - 'They say I'm up and coming like I'm f**king in an elevator'! The chorus is ridiculously catchy and once it gets stuck in your head, good luck getting it out!

Foster The People - Call It What You Want
After falling in love with 'Pumped Up Kicks', I downloaded this album for a mere £4.99 the other day and I can happily reveal that the rest of the album is just the same - really catchy, really funky and really original. They have their own refreshing sound and this is a high contender for my album of 2011.

Red Hot Chilli Peppers - The Adventures of Raindance Maggie
Good to have them back! The Chillis doing what they do best - a classic rock song. I LOVE the bassline - and the title.

Adele -Rumour Has It
After catching this missy on Jonathan Ross I was reminded of how grounded, humble and sweet she is - despite her raging success. This is one of my faves on the album.

Kings of Leon - True Love Way
This is still in my top 3 Kings of Leon songs. It takes a few listens. It doesn't appear catchy at first but once you truly hear it (sounds so cliche), it is a beautiful song with a gorgeous instrumental in the middle, powerful vocals from Caleb and a very ambivalent message - which I am still trying to find out.

One Direction - You Don't Know You're Beautiful
Go on - slate me, throw rocks, accuse me of being a cougar! I don't care, this is a bloody catchy, feel-good song and their management have done an amazing job. Plus, in a few years they will be little rides.

1 comment: