Thursday, May 6, 2010

Cover Style: Harper's Bazaar UK


By Jennifer Ennis

It's been a year now since I purchased my first Harper's Bazaar with Alexa Chung on the cover (below) and it has fast become one of my 'must have monthly mags'!

The editorials, features, fashion and beauty are really strong but it is only in the last few issue that I have really noticed how beautiful their covers are! A lot of my faves in particular Vogue (UK & US) are letting me down this weather but Harper's have raised the competition. I fell in love with Jennifer Aniston's editorial in the May issue so much that while attending a short course at the London College of Fashion I choose it as my 'piece that really stood out for me lately'. In a class of 12-15, another girl had also chosen it (out of every single thing in every current magazine). The colours and lighting are spectacular and so flattering. It is a real soft and feminine image to highlight the 'rebirth' of the actress.

June is amazing too with a very dreamy and gorgeous Cheryl Cole. We are used to seeing her dolled up to the nines but this is very relaxed and natural. The colours are a soft mix of brown and beige. It definately stands out on the shelf. Both covers are great art shots, as opposed to just photographs.

Alexa's was very dreamy and beautiful too. Harper's portray their leading women with elegance and class while also being drop dead gorgeous!

BEST covers right now.



images from harpersbazaar.co.uk and magxone.com

No comments:

Post a Comment