Sunday, July 25, 2010

Beauty Love: Benefit's Smokin' Eyes


By Jennifer Ennis

New found love for this product. I received it as a Christmas present and while I liked it, I went back to my old going out faves, MAC's Bronze eyeshadow & Lancome's kohl eyeliner, after a month. The mirror in the kit smashed which I considered to be a very bad sign also (superstitious much?).

However, I decided to give it a go on Friday night and wow the difference is unreal! I have green eyes and the grey in this kit really flatters and brings them out. Actually a lot nicer on me than bronze and browns. The palette consists of...

- 3 Eyeshadows
- Eyeliner
- Brow Zings in Light
- EyeBright
- Tweezers
- Fluff Shadow Brush/ Hard Angle Brush

It also comes with a instruction booklet showing you different ways to apply it. I experimented and stuck with my own way of applying the lighter grey all over the socket, the dark grey on the outer sides of the eye and then my own Benefit Bad Girl eyeliner on my top lids (I don't wear eyeliner on my lower eyes). When I run out of this kit, I will probably just purchase the two eyeshadow shades I like in similar MAC shades but it has been a handy and convienant way for me to learn what suits me. Smashed mirrior or not.

Image from sephora.com

No comments:

Post a Comment