Sunday, April 18, 2010

Music: The Jane Shermans


By Jennifer Ennis

I know this is a fashion and beauty blog but I am also a major music-head and I just HAD to write about my new love, The Jane Shermans.

Haling from music capital Nashville, Tennessee the band consists of legendary producer Angelo Petraglia (Grammy winner who produced all four Kings Of Leon albums) and Eulene Sherman (think a younger, hotter Courtney Love). I downloaded their debut album, Popular Music Social Condition on iTunes for €8 after stumbling across 'I Walk Alone' on YouTube and falling in love! The 11-track album is one of the most fun albums I have ever owned and I listen to it on average twenty times a week at least!

They have a great, very radio-friendly poppy rock sound and every song on the album could be a single. My faves include 'I Walk Alone' ,'My Yellow Dress','Popular Music Social Condition','Domino' and 'Wonder Where You Are' which is possibly the most beautiful lullaby ever written. Every song is super catchy and there are no skippers. It was produced by Angelo, engineered by Roger Moutenot (Yo La Tengo), and mixed by Jacquire King (Modest Mouse). The album recording also features Jared Followill (Kings of Leon) on the bass, while Eulene plays the bass at the live shows. So far, they tend to gig mostly around Nashville and surrounding cities. I would love to catch them live somewhere someday.

Check out their Myspace page to listen to four tracks from the album, http://www.myspace.com/thejaneshermans or check out the little promo below...



Listen to this band! They are seriously so good!

Image from their Myspace page.

No comments:

Post a Comment