Thursday, April 8, 2010

Vogue UK: Gwyneth Paltrow


By Jennifer Ennis

Gwynnie is the cover star of May's Vogue UK and I don't know why but... I'm not a fan. I like Ms Paltrow. I like her hair, her style, how she keeps her private life private, I agree with her rants on chemicals etc but this cover does not do her justice.

It's the make up I think. Gorgeous blonde hair, lightly mineral made up face and... cheap black eyeliner! Gwyneth's eyebrows are fair and the eyeliner just looks out of place and takes from an otherwise very soft and feminine look. Val Garland, you messed up! I also don't like the orange writing (though it looks better on the computer screen then real life) but I like the inside shots (all by Mario Testino).

Inside I love Tim Blanks's portrait of McQueen, Constance's and Karlie's gorgeous editorials and Jemima Khan's very witty piece on online shopping...

Image from Vogue.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment